Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus boiler occasionally not starting as programed to start

Options
Bobbin
Bobbin Member Posts: 1
I have a Buderus g115 boiler (heating and hot water)... installed in 2001 and has had annual service since at least 2018 (when I bought the house). Thermostat is Honneywell. In Novermber 2020 the boiler did not start as it was programed to do. I pressed the red button and it fired up okay, it has continued to work fine until two weeks ago, then woke in the morning to find the baseboard cold. Pressed button again, fired up okay, ran fine until a day ago when same thing happened... Then again pressed button, running fine at the moment... What might be wrong?... would like an idea of what it could be before I call in maintenance. Thanks

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    It's in safety. It either did not light, it lit but flame detection failed to detect it or it lit and then had a flame failure. Riello?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Bobbin
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,282
    Options
    And please, if it doesn't start some morning, and you press the red button, and it doesn't fire up -- don't press the button again. Call a reliable tech. with an emergency (which, if it's cold out, it is) and get him or her out there.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Bobbin