Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Web based modulating thermostat needed

Options
Does anyone know of a thermostat that is web based, that can be accessed remotely that has a two stage relay out put for cooling, and a 4-20ma modulating output for heat. The ones that are currently at this building are not web based, and need a separate gateway, and annual subscription fee in order to be accessed by someone that is not on site. I am looking for something that can be put on the customer’s wi fi service and they can access them as needed if their are not currently on site. The units that they would be controlling are staged dx cooling, with modulating valves for hot water coils. Thanks to all.

Comments

• gsl
    gsl Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm afraid this is something that only a BMS would be able to accomplish. Web based connectivity will require a static IP as well.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    Heh, nice necro.

@zepfan, are you sill looking for something to do this with? I've seen it done with a Honeywell T7350H1017 modulating (has relays too) communicating (LonWorks) thermostat & a Honeywell WebStat for remote access, but I had nothing to do with the remote access part so I can't tell you how much programming it needs or doesn't need. It is entirely self-contained & on site, no cloud servers needed.

A second way would be to add a modulating heating output to any old thermostat. I posted a config for a programmable controller here that will give you up to three stages of discharge-air-setpoint modulated output. You won't be able to see the actual analog command remotely without using Modbus, but you'll be able to figure out the target temp by the number of heating stages calling.