Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IS A WEBSITE AVAILABLE TO OBTAIN SERVICE MANUALS

I am trying to get a service manual for an American Standard Furnace, model S8X1C100M, S/N 20453TKUJG. It is brand new. I am trying to find out if this unit has a multi-speed supply fan. The noise is very loud from this unit. I want to possibly reduce the fan speed to reduce the noise. It is airflow noise. Thanks.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    The installer didn't leave it with you? Did you try calling American Standard?
    steve
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    It does. But if you don't have the service and installation manual, you can probably get it from the dealer, or American Standard directly -- 855-288-4064.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    edited January 2021
    @Jim De Tata

Check the temperature rise of the unit the differential between the supply and return temps if you lower the fan speed and make sure it is within spec. Temp rise is on a sticker in the furnace.

Changing fan speeds you should find that on the furnace wiring diagram.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hi, Try manualslib.com ;)

Yours, Larry
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    edited January 2021
    Let me know if this link works
    https://www.asdealernet.com/EBiz/Home/Home.asp?StartPage=&passthrough=1

It may be password protected

If it does not, then I can email you a PDF. The Heating Help server won't accept the PDF on this site. The file is too big.

I have it on my google drive and I can share it with you.

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics