Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Nearly Famous Heating Quotes

Options
13»

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,868
    edited March 2022
    Options

A septic system can live up to 50 years depending on a number of factors like construction material, maintenance practices, etc.

My father said "The side of that truck as a Billboard, use it to your advantage"

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

IronmanHomerJSmithSootBoy
  • SootBoy
    SootBoy Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I worked with an "Old Timer" he taught me so much he would always say That's a "Rube Goldberg" instead of making difficult things easy, he made easy things difficult. He taught me all about "Shell Heads" Waltham "Verta Flames" and "GE Down Draft boilers which were retro fitted with Beckett Burners when the original compressor type burners died but the problem the residual heat wuld move up the center flue and into the burner melting the transformer and breaking down the wires. Terrible Stuff they reminded me of a Grey Shark. Of course there was some of what we called "The Golden Boys" who did nothing but adjust T-Stats and and carried a screw driver while we were getting down and dirty..
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • SootBoy
    SootBoy Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Gilmorrie said:

If you ask an engineer "what time is it?", he'll tell you how to build a watch.

I had many a night call when the home owner would be watching me trouble shoot the no heat and they would tell me "I'm an Engineer" i felt like saying "Why the F didn't you fix it smart boy"?
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,868
    edited March 2022
    Options
    SootBoy said:

I had many a night call when the home owner would be watching me trouble shoot the no heat and they would tell me "I'm an Engineer" i felt like saying "Why the F didn't you fix it smart boy"?

They can be the tough ones, so I would ask. What kind? Sanitary

Trash collectors and trash truck personnel are known as Sanitary Engineers in the employment resumé industry.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?