Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Galvanized Hangers

Tom_133
Tom_133 Member Posts: 904
So my wholesaler like most others out there tends to try to cripple me daily.

This time it was an order for 50- 1.5" copper emlocks they shipped galvanized. I didnt want the guys standing around so I said put em up, and worse case, I will run back in a few days and replace them with copper. I was curious if anyone has seen a product I can put between the hanger and copper to avoid that. My insulator may be able to put some paper and a bit of insulation, but I would sleep better knowing the copper will never touch the galvanized.

If I have to swap them so be it.

thanks
Tom
Tom
Montpelier Vt

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,203
    I have used 2" wide vinyl electrical tape. Called "Amazing Super Duper Multi-Purpose Tape", 2" X 108'. I buy it by the 6-pack from Jacobseninc.com .....800-243-7473...in Adair, IA. Their number for it is ADTT.
    Someone close to you must have it. Handy for many things, AC lines, large wire pulls etc.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,358
    If you have enough clearance flat roof membrane works well. Even inner tube will work in a pinch.
  • plumbworker
    plumbworker Member Posts: 2
    I’d consider something like felt or Christie’s 10mil tape..
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 5,111
    Aren't copper hanger actually copper coated steal?

A little tape, armor Flex, Flex tape, Fiberglass stops the sweating and rusting.
    PC7060kcopp
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    All the "copper" hangers I've seen will stick a magnet! 

I'd use super 88 or some other tape especially if it will be insulated over. 
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!