Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

adding a 2nd low water cutoff pse802-24

Options
mark_s
mark_s Member Posts: 6
I want the 2nd pse802-24 to shut the burner only if the 2nd low water cutoff "reports low water". Is that possible and how?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,378
    Options
    It's possible -- but it's not safe. The low water cutoff is there to ... shut the burner off on low water. Period.

If you have two low water cutoffs, it's to provide a backup in case one of them malfunctions -- which, on occasion, they do. The second (lower) cutoff should be a manual reset, so you have to go to the boiler and find out what happened before you turn it back on.

Figuring out how to disable one of the low water cutoffs isn't at all difficult. Since, however, it is -- as I say -- incredibly dangerous, I'll leave it to you to risk your own house and life. Not going there.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,924
    edited January 2021
    Options
    mark_s said:

I want the 2nd pse802-24 to shut the burner only if the 2nd low water cutoff "reports low water". Is that possible and how?

Why?

Is this the job?

A lot of folks on this site would love to know how ProPress fittings work on steam. I would not have used copper, but keep us in the loop over the next few years. You will have a captive audience.

My second boss found out the hard way that PVC does not work on steam boilers. That was over 40 years ago when the new plastic stuff just came out

Now if anyone wants to experiment with Mega Press, That would also be interesting.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?