Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tekmar

Options
scarpman
scarpman Member Posts: 1
slant fin caravan boilers (3) with Tekmar control and high limit switches keep tripping however temp of boilers are not at that limit

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,835
    Options
    INTERESTING. Do the high limits have a model number?

Based on the comment, "high limit switches keep tripping" I'm thinking that these "Switches" are a part separate from the Tekmar. I'm also thinking they are a part added to each of the three boilers. Finally, I'm thinking each switch has a manual reset button of some sort.

If I am correct in my assumptions, please reply with the part numbers of all the components in order to understand the control logic/sequence of operation.

If my assumptions are incorrect, then you failed to describe your issue properly. In that case, please reply with the part numbers of all the components in order to understand the control logic/sequence of operation.

either way, please reply with the part numbers of all the components in order to understand the control logic/sequence of operation.

Boiler model number(s)
    Tekmar control model/part number(s)
    High limit control/part number(s)

Also, picture(s) of the setup can be uploaded so we all can see the location of all the parts.

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Is this a new installation?  Could be that the system needs purging of air. If air bound, water won’t move fast enough through the boiler and can reach high limit quickly. 
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Which tekmar unit are you using?
    I have seen this happen when the tekmar is being used as the operating limit but is reading the mixed temp downstream and not the actual boiler temp.
    More details please...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Mike_Breault
    Mike_Breault Member Posts: 35
    Options
    good day Mike Breault from tekmar here,

What trekmar control are you using? It is important to remember that while tekmar controls have an upper limit setting, it is NOT a safety control, and not certified as one.

to clarify, are you saying the tekmar is turning off the boiler? or the boiler limits are tripping even thought he water is not hot.

if the tekmar is stopping operation, are you using it as a reset control? look in the view menu, what is the boiler temp, and the boiler target temp?

post some info and I will be happy to help.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options

good day Mike Breault from tekmar here,

What trekmar control are you using? It is important to remember that while tekmar controls have an upper limit setting, it is NOT a safety control, and not certified as one.

to clarify, are you saying the tekmar is turning off the boiler? or the boiler limits are tripping even thought he water is not hot.

if the tekmar is stopping operation, are you using it as a reset control? look in the view menu, what is the boiler temp, and the boiler target temp?

post some info and I will be happy to help.

Trekmar...new knock off brand? lol.
    Yes OP, need a lot more info..

steve