Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

W/M Aquabalance WMB120 combi A02 code-False flame indication, HELP

Options
andymar
andymar Member Posts: 25
My gas Weil McLain Aquabalance 120 WMB120 combi is two years old. I have been getting an A02 false flame indication error code with a hard lock out. I initially cleaned and re-installed the ignitor electrode. Problem continued. I replaced the part and again the problem persists. After re-setting the unit will operated both DHW and heat for 12 to 24 hours, cycling on and off, then go into A02 mode. Please help.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,330
    Options
    It's not the ignitor. The cad cell is probably seeing light when it shouldn't -- or is defective of misadjusted.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • andymar
    andymar Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you for your response. I do not see a cad cell listed on any diagrams in my manual. Is it possible the cell is included in any other part? Is this something that can replaced as a homeowner without specialized tooling or gauges?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    andymar said:

Thank you for your response. I do not see a cad cell listed on any diagrams in my manual. Is it possible the cell is included in any other part? Is this something that can replaced as a homeowner without specialized tooling or gauges?

There isn't one on gas units,only oil
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.