Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas Boiler Economizer / Delay-Off Post Purge?

Options
hondaty87
hondaty87 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2020 in Gas Heating
Hi there!
Have read much on this website but decided to sign up today.

I had this Buderus GC144 / Taco controllers installed last year after I purchased this home, which was built in 1906.

The installers did a wonderful job but I have noticed a few strange things that I wanted to run by you guys.

The boiler has an aquastat installed which has a delay-off for the circulator (currently set @ 3:00 minutes)... The only problem is when the TT ends a call for heat, the actual zone actuator is triggered shut, so the circulator is recirculating the hot water throughout the boiler and it is not distributing throughout the home, which is what I am trying to accomplish... I would like to see that energy put to good use!

I have read a lot of opinions on how this will overshoot the TT. I am okay with this, as I mentioned the house is 100 years old and is VERY drafty / thinly insulated.

Recently, I removed a Nest thermostat, as it was causing a lot of issues with my zone actuator which cycled on and off constantly after a call for heat was completed... This was, what I believe to be, due to the fact that it was pulling too much power...So I switched to a LUX battery powered TT and I have had no problems since, other than what I mentioned above.

Appreciate all of you reading this and if you have any input or suggestions I would love to hear them
!

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    You're gonna have to program the post purge to 0. It can't be done with the zone valves closing before the circ shuts down. Or, you can leave it like it is since there's a bypass.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    hondaty87