Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB 142/30 Intermittent 6C (sub 228) error code "SOLVED"

Options
usaltus
usaltus Member Posts: 1
Greetings,

I want to share this information for the benefit of others. I have a 13 year old NG fired GB 142/30. It was giving me consistent 6C (sub code 227) . Came here this morning read and learned much and prepared to test the ionization electrode. Shut Off the power supply from outside of the boiler room. Upon removal of the casing the smell of NG was immediate. Opened the outside window in the room and went upstairs to review the possible root cause list for the reoccurring code. "Check the gas fitting" was on the list. Went back down to the boiler and snugged the "Gas supply pipe" connection to the "Gas control valve" with a wrench using 1 finger until snug. Used Snoop again to check for a NG leak at this connection, no leak. The boiler has now been running all day under constant load, zones switching and DHW priority all good. So Root cause was my being a little to cautious about torquing the connection yesterday when I changed out the old style for new "Gas supply pipe" just received from Buderus gratis. The original was damaged by over tightening and destroying the rubber sealing gasket. So I was determined to improve my technique. So my technique now is to tighten this connection by hand as much as possible and then follow with the wrench to get that extra fraction of a turn. Turn the NG supply back on and test for leaks. Then I marked a line across on both sides of the connection as a reference for the future. Truly puzzled about not seeing the leak after the installation. Live and Learn.
Thanks to all that contributed to my success today!
Urban

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,330
    Options
    You are a very fortunate man... but congratulations on getting it fixed.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England