Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil mclain EGH-115 BEING USED FOR PRODUCING STEAM FOR COOKING

IN MY EXPERIENCE USING A CAST IRON BOILER IN A PROCESS APPLICATION IS A BIG NO-NO. THIS BOILER WAS INSTALLED APPROXIMATELY 4 YRS AGO BY A CRAIGSLIST PLUMBER LOL, NO RETURNS JUST SUPPLY PIPING DIRECTLY FROM BOILER TO STEAM CABINETS USED FOR PREPARING SEAFOOD. CONSTANTLY FEEDING WATER TO BOILER WHICH OF COURSE NOW IM LOSING STEAM UP THE CHIMNEY. I SOLD THE JOB USING THE CORRECT BOILER FROM COLUMBIA BUT FUNDS ARE TIGHT. SO I NEED TO TRY TO PROLONG THE LIFE OF THIS BOILER BY ABOUT 4 MONTHS. I'VE HAD GREAT SUCCESS USING HERCULES BOILER SOLDER IN THE PAST BUT I'VE NEVER USED IT IN AN APPLICATION WHERE THE STEAM PRODUCED BY THE BOILER IS DIRECTLY USED FOR COOKING MY QUESTION IS WOULD USING THE BOILER SOLDER BE SAFE AND NOT MAKE THE FOOD BEING PREPARED TOXIC AGAIN I NEED A TEMPORARY FIX SO MY CUSTOMER CAN STAY OPEN ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Comments

• motoguy128
    motoguy128 Member Posts: 393
    I’d be concerned of using any product in a boiler used for steam in direct contact with food. You are taking on some liability there potentially. I also doubt it will work for long if at all. I suspect its far too gone.

Just let the steam go up the flue. What’s the difference at this point? Maybe they need to change their menu for a while. Maybe they should work on getting some money back from that plumber. Good luck.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Yo....CAPS...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

ethicalpaul
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,084
    Call Hercules.