Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Update from Sudbury On Canada

Options
Synway
Synway Member Posts: 48
Well Monday Dec 7 we will get another step forward. Having health issues sucks when even firing a contractor
What’s a good wireless thermostat. I don’t want these bozos drilling in my walls running wires.

Comments

• Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    Options
    Glad you're making some progress. What do you want the WiFi stat to do? It will help with the suggestions
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
    Synway
  • Synway
    Options
    Well the latest is the initial contractor has folded his business. So I’ve called in a new contractor. As far as the thermostat goes, I wanted to avoid running low voltage wire to the 4 locations and use a wireless system for the thermostats. However the new contractor suggested to have the wired thermostats.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Wired t-stat are the most reliable. No batteries to mess with or RF interference. If you have reasonable access above or below and you can run wires only having to fish a wall or two, that is the way to go. Pull more conductors that you think you need, the wire is the cheap part.
    If you need to go wireless, Honeywell has some good products.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Synway
  • Synway
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @Canuck @Zman here is the upgraded version from an experienced hvac company thanks for your advise cheers
    Zman
  • Synway
    Options
    Much better,
    Just waiting for the gas company to upgrade the regulator and a couple connections we will have heat. Thanks for the support and advise from all
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    That looks a lot better
    ZmanCanuckerSynway