Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baxi Luna 3 310 COMBI Won't fire. 01E (Intermittent problem)

geofear
geofear Member Posts: 3
This BAXI combi boiler was installed in 2012. Although 8 years old, this is a second home, and is basically used just to hold 50 degrees to keep the house from freezing, but it has always come up to temp whenever we stayed there. Last year it got temperamental with a NO SPARK error condition (01E), and I replaced the spark generator, ignitor, and flame sensor. (I realize this might have been a bit wasteful, but saw this as an investment in the future.) Well, here we are again. NO SPARK 01E error condition ;and it won't fire.
If I reset it 20 times, it WILL fire once, and run for 5 minutes, then shut off with the 01E error code. I let it sit overnight, and it fired right up, ran for 25 minutes, and blew the PRV. (Probably a separate problem with the expansion tank I will check out later. It has a second Artrol expansion tank on the supply line, so this is confusing also, but not related to the not firing issue.)
Any idea what could be wrong, since the unit is trying to ignite, but no getting gas? I don't think it is the gas valve itself, since when it does file, it appears to burn well, and when it is cold, it fires as it should.
Many thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Was the system ever setup with a combustion analyzer?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • geofear
    No. Please explain.

• geofear
    For those BAXI owners who this might benefit in the future, it WAS the gas value. It was fairly easy to diagnose by putting a volt meter on the lead going from the board to the gas value (#4 in the left bank of wires) and watching for the 120v when it was sparking. If 120v and no gas, it's the valve.

Although it looks daunting, its pretty easy to replace. It might be wise to replace all the 3 gas o rings and washer at the same time.

I know this unit pretty well, so please reach out if anyone needs any troubleshooting help.

BAXI Luna 3 Comfort 310i
  • Billybuck
    Billybuck Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Malcolm here. I am trying to sort out a Baxi Luna 310 FI sporadic heat issue. A friend who used to mess with fighter jets is trying to chase down the failure to heat. He seems to think it is the motherboard at this point. He is best to explain his discoveries but he is in the thick of it now