Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Humidifier for baby room

Amy121
Amy121 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2020 in Indoor-Air Quality
Hi there, I'm worried about the air quality in my baby's room. I was told that a good humidifier would help a lot, and it wouldn't cost a fortune.

I've been scrolling the web and reading some reviews.

But what I need to understand is how to measure the noise level and that other key features should I take a look at. Like, is 1L tank okay or is 5L better? and etc.

thanks!

Comments

• Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    edited November 2020
    We have a crane ultrasonic in our kids rooms. It looks similar to those. We also have a piece of plexiglas over the night stand so it doesn't get the wood wet as you flip the bowl to engage the fill valve.

It holds almost a gallon.  It is quiet. You can hear it run but it's like a soft purr. 

It will stay a lot cleaner if you use the distilled water. Some stores have it bottled as baby water. 

I would get the 3 to 5 liter size or you will be filling it every day
    mikeapolis
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 15,373
    Whatever you wind up using, be sure to change the water (not just refill) regularly -- daily, if possible -- and clean the tank/container/what have you. Nothing like a container of stagnant water to grow nasties...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    mikeapolis