Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Argo zone valve control has 27V at tt, but 12V going to ZV.

Options
MrStu02
MrStu02 Member Posts: 7
I have just installed a couple Argo zone valve controls that my plumbing contractor customer had in old stock. They don’t have the bank of relays that I am used to seeing, just one dpst relay to run the pair of xx terminals.
The thermostat light lights, and the one showing power to the zone valve, as well as the end switch light lights. But the zone valve doesn’t open, as it is only getting 12 volts. The thermostat gets 27 volts, just as the transformer is supplying the circuit board. I have already ordered a Tekmar for a replacement, but this is baffling me.
Has anyone else run across this. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Does the valve open if you put 24 volt directly to it?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • MrStu02
    Options
    Yes it does, just like the other 5. 😊
  • MrStu02
    Options
    Problem solved. I was tired, it was dark, and if it concerned a woman I would have to add “I was drunk “. The controls were mounted upside down, and the end switch terminals run 12 volt. I just needed a good sleep, woke up knowing what I had done wrong. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Zmankcopp
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    Options
    I'm sure glad we worked that out before your woman had to get involved. Although I hear the 12-volt models can be quite satisfying

OOPS. I'm on the wrong website
    Sorry !

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

kcopp