Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Design of Electric steam boiler

Options
Hello guys
I would like to ask, if any of you know how to design electric steam boiler. Outlet temperature of steam should be around 700 °C, steam flow 40 kg/h and working pressure is 1,5 bar. I would appreciate any advice on thermal or hydraulic calculation.
Thank you very much

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,716
    Options
    1300f steam!
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,344
    Options
    What are you doing? That's a lot of superheat you are asking for.

The steam flow is not really that large, relatively speaking, and your pressures are low, so your feed pump doesn't have to be much.

I would suggest you use a two stage design, the first stage being the steam generator -- around 30 KW or so heating elements (check that -- that's a back of the napkin figure) and a second, superheat stage. That stage is going to require some close attention to the aerodynamics of steam flow, as well as the design and geometry of the heating elements (never mind sourcing them -- elements capable of operating at that temperature are not all that common).
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England