Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Best thermostats for steam systems

HeatingHelpHeatingHelp Posts: 344
edited October 17 in THE MAIN WALL

Best thermostats for steam systems

Read the full story here

Comments

• rjobrienrjobrien Member Posts: 2
    We've had good luck with a Braeburn Model 5000 with our steam system since 2009. The only feature I wish were available is the anticipation of an upcoming temp-change setting. I often notice the boiler kick on for ten minutes right before a setting change only to shut off before the boiler can build a head of steam. I either need to manually shut off the boiler close to the setting change, or to over-ride the thermostat to allow the boiler to complete its cycle. All the other features function smoothly.
  • motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 178
    I like Honeywell T4 or T6 series since they have adjustable cycle rate. Some T6 models will allow wired outdoor sensor as well for dual fuel setup if you have a heat pump for mild weather which I think works well if you are zoned upstairs and downstairs with ducted HVAC systems.

VisionPro allows wireless remote sensors so you can average upstairs and downstairs or multiple downstairs rooms with upstairs.
    mikeapolis