Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Steam heat is popular up north

Stelcom66Stelcom66 Member Posts: 19
edited October 14 in THE MAIN WALL
I get emails with various questions to test knowledge - some are interesting such as this one. I guessed (correctly) that in Iceland steam heat is very popular. Still somewhat surprised, as I thought steam heat was no longer used for the most part.

An explanation why:

Comments

• AMservicesAMservices Member Posts: 513
    Location,location, location.
    Iceland gets a free energy advantage over other countries.
    Im jealous.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2008/apr/22/renewableenergy.alternativeenergy
  • Stelcom66Stelcom66 Member Posts: 19
    Yes, must be nice! Interesting and ironic that the article mentions (what I infer) there may not be a need for home hot water heaters - go figure, in Iceland.
  • mattmia2mattmia2 Member Posts: 1,861
    I assume it is district steam produced by the springs.
  • jumperjumper Member Posts: 1,505
    Condensate goes down drain?
  • JohnNYJohnNY Member Posts: 2,494
    I don't see what the big deal is about that nail clipper. Looks like every one I've ever seen.
    For troubleshooting and private consulting services, find John "JohnNY" Cataneo here at :
    "72°F Mechanical, LLC"
    Or email John at [email protected]
    John is the Boilers and Hydronic Heating Systems Course Instructor at NYC's Mechanics Institute, a professional Master Plumber, licensed by The Department of Buildings of The City of New York, and works extensively in NYC while consulting for clients in and out of state.
    For residential service and installations in New Jersey, please see Toro Plumbing & Mechanical and fill out our contacts page, upload pics, and submit, or call (973-672-1000).
    HVACNUT