Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus

davenh55
davenh55 Member Posts: 1
I have a Buderus GB125BE-30, I am unable to find a tech to work on the unit, I have called many companies and several independent people. As soon as I say Blue Flame discussion ends. Since this is a condensing unit the only option I have is to replace the boiler after only ten years of use. Any thoughts?

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,556
    have you tried to call Buderus?
    Customer Service Operating Hours
    Monday - Thursday, 8am - 6pm EST
    Friday, 8am - 5pm EST
    Residential Products Tel: 800-283-3787
    Commercial Products Tel: 800-326-1400
    Fax: 603-965-7568
    Tech Support Fax: 603-965-7581

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,084
    What about the original installer? Or contact Buderus as @EdTheHeaterMan pointed out. Tell then the product isn't supported in your area
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,047
    The obvious problem is parts for the BE burner. A tech wont even have the required nozzle if needed, let alone the Siemens primary. And there's no substitute. You can't throw in a W.
    However, if you're a capable, handy type of individual, then all it takes is a flat head screwdriver to adjust the BE. Spin on filter with the Tiger Loop Ultra, strainer, nozzle, and burner tube O-ring (seam facing up) is all you need annually or semi annually. You will need to invest in a quality digital combustion analyzer and a thermometer for measuring direct incoming combustion air. The manual gives complete instructions on how to properly clean, adjust, and maintain. It even tells you how to check the safety and address error codes. 
    I've heard some instances where a Riello BF was installed in place of the BE (some baffles must be removed), but those weren't the condensing boilers.
    You could probably sell the BE and the 2107. Then install an EK Resolute. You might even save a few gallons.
  • heathead
    heathead Member Posts: 237
    Someone has the service tech kit on E-bay. I don't know if it's complete. If complete buy the kit, or ask Buderus how much the kit is and buy it from them. Find a Tech who know's oil and is willing to learn and pay them. You keep the tools to do it. Then if they want to borrow your kit lend it to them. It's a hard investment for a tech or company knowing they don't import them any more to the US. Other wise Find tech who will convert it to Relio. Post zip code or use contractor finder to see if someone on the wall is near by.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Under no circumstances would I advise anyone not trained on that boiler to attempt to service it. Buderus was, and is, adamant about this too.

Where are you located?

Have you tried the contractor locator above?

Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    STEVEusaPA
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,047
    Ironman said:
    Under no circumstances would I advise anyone not trained on that boiler to attempt to service it. Buderus was, and is, adamant about this too.

Where are you located?

Have you tried the contractor locator above?

I agree 100 percent but I would bet good money there's not a certified BE tech within a hundred miles of the OP. It's a shame too. It is a beautiful piece of art. 
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    I'm not sure about the condensing model, but I do remember that in training they told us that a conventional burner could be used instead of the blue flame.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 756
    Feel your pain -- I almost went with that model over 10 years ago. My old oil dealer - got bought out and all the old guys are gone. Thankfully I know how the Buderus controls work ... they have one guy still around who services them.

I would try and call Buderus ... they are not as friendly as years ago .... but, it you push you can speak to someone in technical. I had a hard time getting info and parts for my really old system (94) at my place in Chestnut Hill. Had to get parts from Germany .. myself.