Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Strange Problem

Options
Rich Davis_2
Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
Fall servicing a TT PS 60, it wouldn't lite. Checked ignitor (new last year) along with the ignition wire, everything OK. Checked spark with a spark plug tester, great spark. By accident I restricted the air flow into the venturi and it lit. Thought that was odd. Checked propane press. 9"WC. Checked combustion the best I could get was CO2 was 10.1% and O2 3.1%, adjusting the screw didn't make big changes. I also checked the vent and air supply both clean. I can get it to operate normally if I put some tape over the intake tube to the venturi to partly block the air but, that ain't right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    It still sounds like a fuel/air mix problem.

Call tech. support at (856)228-8881.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
    is there a check for combustion check at some other speed, like you set it at low speed but also has a spec for high speed or something like that?

An air leak or a bad valve will cause it to be correct under the condition that you set it but incorrect at any other operating point.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    I would suspect an issue with the venturi or burner. At O2 of 3.1% you are a little rich. Why it would ignite when you make it richer is a head scratcher.
    This is a good question for tech support.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • ednelson7373
    ednelson7373 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    my name is Ed Nelson I am in tech support at triangle tube
    did you check the venturi and the pressure drop in fuel pressure at the point of ignition you shouldn't see more than a 1" drop
    if we can be of service please call us at 856 228 8881
    Monday - Thursday 8- 5 eastern time
    Friday 8- 4:30
    hope this helps
    Ed
    mattmia2Erin Holohan Haskell