Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

SV9540 SmartValve-Garage Ceiling Heater-Pilot On, No Main Gas

Beacon/Morris Model BRU-75. SN K05590385002059. Propane Ceiling Unit Heater Garage. Uses a Honeywell SV9540M2229 Smart Valve.
Propane tank at 35%, waiting for fill.
When turning on, the Hot Surface Ignitor works, the Pilot light comes on, a large blue flame, but apparently no main gas is released at the "manifolds", so eventually the HSI stops , the Pilot light goes out and the Fan starts....there are six green flashes on the SmartValve.
Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

MichiganMike . . Battle Creek, MI.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,632
    This system will go through a 90 second trial for ignition. During that time the igniter will glow and the pilot should light. If it then goes out I would check microamps which should be between 2 to 10. Does your system have an electronic fan timer board ST9160? If as you say the pilot is lighting then going out you might try replacing the ignitor sensor at the pilot. It is held in place by a clip and can easily be replaced. If you have a multi meter then make sure you have a good ground connection. A listing of what controls are on your ceiling unit would help me to take you further.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,326
    the part number Tim is talking about is Q3400A1024
    That also, is where I would start.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,180
    If this is the SV I am thinking of, for me it was easier to just remove the pilot assembly with the HSI.
    Time to clean the pilot anyway and less chance to crack the HSI which is fairly fragile.