Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus gb142 weird issue

Options
I have a buderus gb142 with a weird issue. We had some pressure issues that we figured out and then a few weeks later it stopped igniting. You can reset it constantly and it won't ignite but if you take off the big cover it will instantly ignite and work again. Any suggestions?

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    Based on your description, it seems like it’s starving for air, I would check the intake pipe.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    When was the heat exchanger cleaned according to the manufacturer’s instructions?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • thutchinson58
    thutchinson58 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm not really sure when it was cleaned last as we bought the house less then a year ago and I don't see any maintenance stickers 
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    edited October 2020
    Options
    If the heat exchanger is not annually cleaned in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, you can have this issue, and several others.

It may also be as GW suggested or another problem elsewhere.

You really need to get a tech that's properly trained on that boiler to look at it.

Try the contractor locator above.

Whomever you choose, make sure you tell them before coming out that you want a tech who's properly trained and experienced with that boiler.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Yes , have the boiler cleaned with butcher block oil , check the air intake ,exhaust and replace the igniter . Some seals may need to be replaced . And have the burner properly adjusted

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    I vote for restricted heat exchanger, especially if it’s been more than a couple years. Of course would check intake pipe too.