Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless DE-03 Install

Options
EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,536
Dusted off my tools now that I am "retired" and did this install for a friend. The heat loss is 48k. he has 90 feet of 3/4 Sterling Kom-Pak so this boiler was a perfect size. 70K input. He wanted to replace the gas hot water tank with the same thing but we had to line the chimney. The 12 x 8 flue tile is about 6 3/4 x 11 inside so a 4" liner was all that I was comfortable with trying and that wouldn't do the boiler and a water heater. The flue tile has a dog leg in it as well so we went with an Utica indirect.

I did DHW priority using a couple of Rib relays, locks out the thermostat when the indirect calls
mattmia2ethicalpaulSTEVEusaPADan FoleyAMservices

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Old school install , No crimpy fittings , Electrical thin wall . Very straight pipes .. Were wrenches thrown at you too , if you set a crooked pipe ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,536
    Options
    @Big Ed
    No. No one threw wrenches at me but my old boss liked things to look good so I do what I can. Not perfect, but pretty good. I used the old air scoop which had no tapping on the bottom for the EX tank hence the expansion tank on the return. I would hate to know what crimpy fittings would have cost. I counted 100 joints I soldered.

I could have made the supply and return to the boiler 1" but the old monoflow system was 1 1/4", I used the old air scoop which was 1 1/4' and the circulator came with 1 1/4 flanges so I stuck with 1 1/4"