Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien NPE210-A recirculator stopped working

Options
I have the Navien NPE210-A gas hot water heater with built in recirculator. The “T” for the recirculator is in the bathroom at the opposite End of the house and has been working properly for 3 years but now on its birthday it seems to have quit working. Any suggestions to revive it? I’m due to do its annual cleaning but in previous years it has not been dirty as compared to some folks. There are just two of us living here so it doesn’t get over worked.
I will do the cleaning this week but if that’s not the issue can you recommend what to check/do?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    What's controlling the circulator turning on and off?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Wylie
    Wylie Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I’ve done the yearly cleaning maintenance and as I figured it made no difference.
    Ironman: I don’t know what’s controlling it, that is part of the issue.
    When it was installed it was not set up to learn our needs it is set to run 24 hours.
    motoguy128
  • Wylie
    Wylie Member Posts: 3
    Options
    It is fixed! Just an FYI for anyone that has this issue...make sure the plumber that came in didn’t shut off the cold water valve to the faucet that the recirculating “T” valve is connected to.
    We had a new faucet put in on that skink and I thought the pressure was low (single handle faucet) but it was new so I didn’t give it too much thought until I was sitting there saying what has changed in recent weeks. That was the only thing so I went to check the connections and the cold was off. Issue fixed! (So was the pressure to the faucet...lol)