Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Truckloads of pex, help with design

Options
I deal in liquidated inventory and retail for a living. I recently bought out a distributor that went out of buisness and got several truckloads of building materials. Long story short, I have around 1700 rolls of 500' red/blue 1/2" pex, along with around 300 3/4 and 1". Can anyone help guide me to a system for my shop and my house , 40x60 shop, 40x56 house, I know this is pex b, so I will need a non iron system. 

Ps if anyone needs any of this cheap, I am in NW arkansas, and can ship pallets or truckloads for 1/2 price anywhere you can get it. Michael 870-654-4796, boondocks furniture Harrison, ar.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Not all pex is appropriate for heating systems.
    What brand and type do you have?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    First, get a proper design w/heat loss. Don't try to do this without a proper design. Similar to just getting a truckload of lumber delivered, then deciding to build a house.
    steve
    Larry Weingarten
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,137
    Options
    Red and blue is probably water Pex, non barrier type.  It’s not ideal for heating but workable with all non ferrous components or a heat exchanger.  How old is the Pex? Boxed and stored indoors?  Pex breaks down when exposed to UV for a year or so. Any listing numbers on the tube?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream