Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Boiler Prestige

Options
Recently and in the past when we use hot water the boiler will call for DHW and fill tank, but also runs the spacing heating for the whole house. I have only one zone. This happened last year and I was able to stop it by removing the thermostat wires from the unit. This year tho- that doesn't correct the problem. The house heats up and believe me it is not good. I have to check the Control module fuses yet and will do that tomorrow, but other than that I have to turn the power off to the unit until I need hot water.
I also think this happens when around the same time each year and the weather is cooling off at night. I think this is some sensor that is used outside to run an algorithm to be more efficient.

Has anyone ran into this problem or have a direction that I can go to repair?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    You are getting ghost flow through the piping.
    This is most likely due to a flow check getting stuck in the open position....or bad piping.
    A temporary fix is to close on of the ball valves to the heat loop.
    Do you have any pix of the install?
    Zman
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    May be the 3 way valve has some dirt in it. Try manually opening and closing the valve. Those units pretty much must have a dirt separator, a magnetic one at that.
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 835
    Options
    It's contrary to what you are thinking. The outdoor sensor should actually keep your heating system shut down. It puts the heating system in a state called "warm weather shut down"--if it is installed and installed correctly.