Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

80 gallon electric water heater needed

Options
zepfan
zepfan Member Posts: 397
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that still makes an 80 gallon electric water, single phase? This would be for a residential replacement, of an existing 80 gallon. thanks to all

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,695
    Options
    Gotta be commercial or it’s a heat pump
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    GroundUp
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,377
    Options
    Bradford/White. REM, Ferguson both carry them.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    zepfanMikeL_2
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    ENERGY SAVER COMMERCIAL LIGHT DUTY - ELECTRIC UPRIGHT WATER HEATERBRADFORD WHITEMFG# LE280T3-3REM# 5H990D.
    RE Michels.
    zepfan
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,321
    Options
    Hi @zepfan , Two forties, in series might do what you want, though I'd see if there was any possibility of dealing with the load differently. What is the load that wants eighty gallons?

Yours, Larry
    kcopp
  • egansen
    egansen Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I'm just a home owner but I have an 85 gallon Rheem Marathon water heater. Its 4500 watts on a 240 volt circuit. It is all plastic and has foam insulation. It is about 6' high so headroom may be an issue.
    zepfan
  • zepfan
    zepfan Member Posts: 397
    Options
    The homeowner has an existing 80 gallon. They also have a whirlpool that is the reason they want to go back with 80 gallon.
    Thanks to all that responded
  • Lyle {pheloa} Carter
    Lyle {pheloa} Carter Member Posts: 57
    Options
    All of the manufacturers still make these tanks . In Massachusetts such an installation would be non code, anything over 55 gallon is commercial now . I understand because of federal rules this applies to the whole country. There are benefits going with a 50 gallon tank and a mixing valve. Set up correctly the output should higher than 80 gallon tank , It would keep your operating costs down (when not being used for high output) as well as reducing any chances of Legionella or any other bacteria buildup in the tank.
    zepfan