Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Resuming classes in Rhode Island

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
edited May 2020 in THE MAIN WALL
I am looking to resume classes week of either June 8-12 or June 15-19! I hope by then the restrictions will have been modified enough to allow me 5 students in a very large area for training. Spacing of desks will be 6 feet or more and when in close contact wearing of masks. Welcome any constructive criticism of those criteria.

Comments

• heathead
    heathead Member Posts: 234
    Tim,

Sounds like it would work if people are able to drive to RI. I don't think I personally would get on a plane yet or even in June. Would you feel comfortable teaching if someone coughs once or twice during the day. I think the class should have everyone wearing masks all the time. I think we are still learning about Covid and it may have lasting health effects we don't yet know about.
    Have you looked into using Zoom Video. Maybe you could offer your current courses over that or some other type of video conference. I think people are accepting this as the new normal.
    I know you are a wealth of knowledge. You could teach online and charge for it. Maybe even a night course that some on the wall who couldn't take a week off to go to RI. Or do that as a side in addition to your classes. My wife is an elementary school art teacher. She has pivoted online after covid closed schools, and it is working for her. She wasn't what I would have said was tech savie and was able to do it. In these strange times I know you can adapt and go online if you need to. Good luck and I wish you and your wife the best.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    There's an amazing amount of excellent (looking at you, Hot Rod), online training going on now, Tim. Most of it is free and I think it's the new normal and will continue to be so at the end of the pandemic. It's just safer and easier to get smarter online. There are too many asymptomatic people right now and I would not be comfortable at all in a live class. The vaccine, if they can even make one (consider HIV), won't show up for a long time.

Webinars used to be the future. Now they're the main event.
    Retired and loving it.
    GrallertMikeL_2Erin Holohan HaskellRobert O'Brien
  • Tim: I've wanted to take your classes for a long time, but didn't have the airfare. Let's see you online. I'm sure there are a lot of young techies in your area that can make it happen.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Grallert
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    I am awaiting a ruling from the State of RI as to what they will allow under this virus situation. When I get the information I will post it here and on my Facebook site.