Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Central Mass back flow testing?

Jellis Member Posts: 228
Any recommendations for a company in central mass that tests back flows?


  • dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
    Typically Lic Plumbing contractors do this work.

    Thedy are certified by the State, County or City. All you need to see is if the contractor id licensed. The work is cut and dry and quite simple. You would want a contractor that is certified to replace the Check valves, back flow preventors or repair same.

    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,111
    In my little village in NE, the water dept will test them free or a minimal fee of 20.00 or so.
    They are the ones that require them on each boiler.
    They know if they want them tested then they do it themselves.
    Years back the state dept of health (water) required BFP on many things.
    Getting certified to do the testing was expensive (cash cow for the state) and time consuming. Eventually the requirements became lax and most let their certification lapse.

    But this is here and not Mass.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,743
    I did that certification 20 years ago but never did anything with it.

    Prolly ask the water department. Most plumbers don’t test. They can install buy testing is a different gig
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA