Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

anyone know Gree mini splits?

Options
I'm trying to figure out the difference between their MULTI21 and MULTI+. their documentation does not seem to show much difference, other than their smallest unit can do a single indoor with the +, and the + gives BTU output values at -5° and the regular gives it at -4, but that's all the difference I can find. I tried to contact them through their website, but haven't heard back.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Never heard of them. Are they a subsidiary of a major brand, like a cheap builders model type of thing?

IMO there's only three worthwhile Mini split manufacturers. Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, and Daikin. Not necessarily in that order.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    They claim to be the worlds largest residential A/C manufacturer. They always have interesting stuff at at the ahr show. I suspect they private label many units.
    I don’t know the difference in those units?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    HVACNUT
  • weil_fail
    weil_fail Member Posts: 84
    Options
    yeah, I hadn't heard of them until recently. they're Chinese, but they're a major player in the worldwide market. from the installers I've heard from, they're kind of middle-of-the-road in quality. no Mitsubishi, but not bad. in fact, I would bet many of the smaller brands are probably relabeled Gree units.

• BillyO
    BillyO Member Posts: 277
    Options
    100 percent Chinese , contractor uses them on jobs I do plumbing. nothing but problems. just saying
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sounds like disposable equipment .With bad tech support .. They can not supply you with basic information ..Good Luck

There was an error rendering this rich post.

pecmsgSuperTech
  • Swtbbyjms
    Swtbbyjms Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I bought a Gree for my new three bedroom house. Had a contractor install it.
    Nothing but problems. I wish I had spent more for one that local contractors are familiar with.
    I’ve never been able to contact a Gree representative or even find a working number for Gree.
    When I try to find a local company that works on Gree, it says there are none in my area.
    Two of my controllers have stopped working.
    I plan to totally replace my entire system soon with better known unit such as Fujitsu.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    @Swtbbyjms

Mitsubishi is usually considered the best. Fujitsu seems to be good as well
    pecmsg