Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Types of PEX pipe

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 638
edited April 2020 in THE MAIN WALL

Types of PEX pipe

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lucas_B
    Lucas_B Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Would "Kitec" pipe be the PEX/Aluminum/PEX that you describe in your article? Kitec is known for the inner layer de-laminating from the aluminum and causing blisters and sometimes blockages in the pipe. I'm just wondering if these are the same products or if they are different.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Lucas_B said:

Would "Kitec" pipe be the PEX/Aluminum/PEX that you describe in your article? Kitec is known for the inner layer de-laminating from the aluminum and causing blisters and sometimes blockages in the pipe. I'm just wondering if these are the same products or if they are different.

Kitec did make Pex-Al-Pex. It was subject to failures and is no longer made.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    How is the oxygen barrier put on regular pex tubing to make it radiant pex tubing?
    How does the water temperature effect the oxygen barrier? When running 160 to 180 F water temp through radiant pex pipe like going to baseboard or cast iron radiators compromise the barrier on radiant pex tubing thus letting oxygen molecules to get through the wall of the radiant pex tubing and get into the closed boiler system.
    I would say a product like Viega Fostapex (full size pex tubing with aluminum as the oxygen barrier) is a better pex tubing to be used on jobs where the water temp will be higher than using regular radiant pex tubing. Just my preference and Viega fostapex is a great product.