Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pump Control

Options
One of my customers has three Taco ZVC 406, non-EXP controls. He originally wired his boiler and system pumps through his Viessmann boiler, but we may be changing that. What would be the easiest way to wire those pumps via the Taco controllers?
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    I think I would use a DPDT relay with a 24 volt coil. All 3 controllers could trigger the coil if their pump switches were wired in parallel.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    I was thinking about a pump relay like a Taco SR501, but I guess that is the same thing you suggested.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Alan,
    Yes, the same thing, The great thing about the 501 is the simple package and built in transformer. It is also nice that the Taco guys come on heating help and answer our stupid questions :D
    Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options
    Hi
    regarding Taco, 3 ZVC controls and system pump wiring scheme, if you don't have need for priority, and can parallel all your end switches so boiler fires on demand from any 3 ZVC controls. you can use a SR501 for the circulator bringing end-switch from 3rd ZVC wired in parallel to R-W terminals on SR501, and use the end switch terminals on SR501 to boiler TT terminals.
    Hopefully this was helpful. If you require additional support, you can call Taco at 401-942-8000 and ask for Tech support. Any problems along the way you can always reach out to me:)
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
    ZmanSolid_Fuel_Man
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
    Options
    I'm thinking thSR 501-EXP is a better fit. It has the circulator output for the zone circ and also has a terminal for the primary (boiler) circ. All of the EXP controllers have this primary terminal.

Dave H.
    Dave H
    ZmanAlan (California Radiant) Forbes