Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Crazy Mistakes That Create Water Hammer in Steam Heating Systems

HeatingHelpHeatingHelp Posts: 301
edited March 26 in THE MAIN WALL
Crazy Mistakes That Create Water Hammer in Steam Heating Systems

In this excerpt from his Dead Men’s Steam School seminar, Dan Holohan tells you about mistakes that create water hammer in your heating systems (and how to avoid them).

Read the full story here

Comments

• DougoDougo Member Posts: 5
    Dan, I absolutely LOVE this video! The hose one was classic. Show us more!
  • Erin Holohan HaskellErin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 1,254
    edited March 26
    Dougo said:

Dan, I absolutely LOVE this video! The hose one was classic. Show us more!

Glad you liked it! We've posted more videos like this on our YouTube channel here.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • LynnLennoxLynnLennox Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the laugh. When you said, "I hope you are laughing," I was. I had a kitchen remodel and radiators got moved around and added. This was completed in June (in Maine). When the heat came on in October, it sounded like someone was in the basement swinging a 50 pound pipe wrench at all the pipes. Things got re-routed, and the water hammer stopped, but I have my doubts that the contractor understood steam heat.
  • DanHolohanDanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 14,908
    Thanks, guys. If you like what Erin is doing, please subscribe to the videos. She’ll keep them going.
    Retired and loving it.
    Erin Holohan Haskell