Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Personal Rechargeable Heater

Hello,

I'm looking for a rechargeable small personal heater that would only need to be ran for around 10 mins per day and only need to heat a small area 3' x 3'. I would want it to run 5-7 times before needing to recharge. Has anyone ever seen anything like that on the marker? Could it be created with the battery technology we currently have at a reasonable cost?

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,829
    I haven't a clue but lots of people here who do.

But, not until you tell us what that little 3' x 3' room is for. That's the rules.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,276
    HVACNUT said:

I haven't a clue but lots of people here who do.

But, not until you tell us what that little 3' x 3' room is for. That's the rules.

Indeed. In fact, we kind of need to know. At least how much heat (either BTUh or Watts) you are looking at.

I doubt very much that such a critter is commercially available, although battery powered hand and body warmers are quite easily. Could it be created? Not a problem. I'd go with a commercially available heater of whatever size you needed, an inverter of the correct power (keep in mind the surge current which all resistance heaters have on warmup) and enough battery to power it... Cost? Until one know how much energy is needed, no clue.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,289
    Hi, Insulate and air-seal the space and wear a battery powered vest. B)

Yours, Larry
    kcopp