Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Gas Boiler recommendations?

13»

Comments

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    > @RedMonte85 said:
    > I have the thermostats set to 72, problem is I wont really be able to dial this thing in until i get the cellulose blown in the attic. Exterior walls are insulated though. Its 45 degrees out and the house is still climbing a couple degrees an hour. Its at 67 right now.
    >
    > Boiler is set to 120 (lowest it will let me go?). I have to figure out the controls. The auto setting seems to take it 140, dont want it that high.
    >
    > My question. Right now the supply temp at manifold is 110 and the return is 90ish. Should I be turning the pump inside the boiler down a little bit? Its 3/4 of the way up right now, came from the factory on max setting.

Please consider using spray foam insulation in the attic, especially if you have A/C equipment there or use the space for storage. Cellulose fibre is evil and makes a gigantic mess whenever someone has to go on the attic. Spray foam insulated attics are comfortable, sweat free areas to work in the summertime. Best insulation ever in my opinion.
  • RedMonte85
    RedMonte85 Member Posts: 71
    I really dont want to run 180 degree water through my pex lines. That seems like it would be way too hot. By heat omitter, do you mean my radiant tubing?

I already did a heat loss calc, I had it room by room but I only kept the overall heat loss number for the first floor of my home. I need 22K BTUs to heat my first floor of my house. I have 800sq ft of above floor and 700~ish sq ft of 8" on centers on the ceilings of bedrooms. I am not sure about the btu output/sq ft of radiant. I really need to get this thing dialed in.

I am not sure how to set this baseline temperature you speak of. I know what the outdoor reset is for but I am not sure how the boiler uses it. Does it have to be set on "auto" to use the outdoor reset feature?

Although cellulose may be a bit messy, it insulates fine at 1/8 the cost of closed cell foam. I definitely think closed cell was the way to go for the walls though, sealed everything so well.
  • fenkel
    fenkel Member Posts: 162
    You need the room by room calculations, that way you can determine what temp to set your boiler at for central heat...
    Dont worry about the outdoor reset until you get the room by room heat load... your outdoor reset 0will be the last part of the setup...