Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adjustable Orifices Inside Steam System Radiator Valves

HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 650
edited March 2020 in THE MAIN WALL

An orifice is nothing more than a little hole that you put in the way of the steam. It usually looks like a washer, and you'll find it either in the supply valve or the return elbow of each radiator. The Dead Men who sized the orifices figured out how to match them to the size of the radiators.

Read the full story here