Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler ventilation

Options
ultra
ultra Member Posts: 8
I just installed a boiler to be used as a water heater in room about 300 sq ft. It has an existing floor heat boiler in it. Both units are 410,000 and 419,0000 output. I have 1 vent in ceiling (@12ft ) and its is only 10” and hangs down about 2’
My concern is everything in there today was wet. Moister on nearly everything. It was 62 degrees inside the room.
Should I have more ventilation? Should I bring it closer to the floor? There is no fan on it.

Any guidance is appreciated

Comments

• icy78
    icy78 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    You might be lucky to be alive.
    Open some windows.
    Turn the gas off OUTSIDE the room, or power down the equipment remotely.

Call the fire dept and/or
    a good service company pronto.

Sounds like flue gases recirculating.
  • ultra
    ultra Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2020
    Options
    There is no smell at all in room. The pipes are new to attic and plenty of exhaust smoke from outside.

Wouldn’t I smell something?
    The boiler flue (exhaust pipe) didnt ha e any condensation on it. It was all the other pipes in the wash
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    CO is colorless, odorless, etc !
    ya won't smell anything if it gets you,
    CO detectors present ?
    known to beat dead horses
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,864
    Options
    ultra said:

I just installed a boiler to be used as a water heater in room about 300 sq ft. It has an existing floor heat boiler in it. Both units are 410,000 and 419,0000 output. I have 1 vent in ceiling (@12ft ) and its is only 10” and hangs down about 2’

My concern is everything in there today was wet. Moister on nearly everything. It was 62 degrees inside the room.

Should I have more ventilation? Should I bring it closer to the floor? There is no fan on it.

Any guidance is appreciated

This makes no sense!
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    What type of building is this that requires 829,000 BTU for floor heat and DHW service? If they are piped and vented properly, the boilers will not make any condensation in the room for any reason. Will you please attach a couple pictures of the system and fill us in a little on the building and heat load?