Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Short in Honeywell TH8110R1008

Le JohnLe John Posts: 166Member
edited February 11 in THE MAIN WALL
Does anyone have a contact number for Honeywell Thermostats. I awoke to a very warm zone. My Lochinvar Noble was running at 10% firing rate and the temperature was 76 although the thermostat was set to 68. Looks like the back plate that holds the thermostat to the wall has a short in it. When I press on the terminal strip it stops and starts again.

I called TACO and they help troubleshoot the issue back to the thermostat. So I removed the base and installed another thermostat (Honeywell Pro 2000) and did not have the same issue. Boiler only fires on a call for heat. Its a great thermostat so I'd like to get a replacement base.

Any ideas

Comments

• Le JohnLe John Posts: 166Member
  • ChrisJChrisJ Posts: 10,503Member
    If pressing on the board fixes the issue it's likely a bad solder joint, not a short.

That said, I'm betting you'll be buying an entire thermostat. I don't believe they sell just the wall plate.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Posts: 6,533Member
    Some HW stats have a 5 year warranty......how old is this one?
    Thanks @ChrisJ - So what would this be then. White to White Blue to Common and Red to Red. In the picture the Yellow light is energized on zone 4. Is this a short or a bad solder joint.
  • pecmsgpecmsg Posts: 1,135Member
    Cheaper and easier to get a new stat!
    JUGHNE said:

Some HW stats have a 5 year warranty......how old is this one?

@JUGHNE It's 2 years old.
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Posts: 6,533Member
    I would guess that the relay that closes R-W is stuck......if effect a short across the relay/switch.
    If you try to fix it, then any warranty would go away. IMO

Find the paperwork on it and maybe the warranty terms are shown there.
    Special Shout out to supply house.com as-they are going to replace it - turns out the Honeywell Stat is warranted for 5 years as @JUGHNE mentioned.