Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco circulaters

Options
Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
Using ur typical 80 % boiler (140,000) Weil McLain, customers wants a smart pump with some kind of read out. Do I go with a taco 007E what about the 0018e or the varidian pump? I’m not going with zone valves but I am going with three active nest thermostat

Comments

• Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    I like the VR2218, that will give lots of control depending on the piping arrangement and a screen that gives all the info.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    SuperTechSnowmelt
  • Snowmelt
    Options
    My piping is going to be the norm for today, boiler - taco 4900 wire expansion then pumping away from expansion tank with three circulators, pumping away as we are taught.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 706
    Options
    Hi Snowmelt
    not sure what your load is using your 140,000 BTU boiler which I have to assume is less than boiler capacity, the Taco ECM high efficiency 0018e would be a great choice. I have one running in my own 2300 sq/ft home using radiant heat; super cozy:)
    0018e has Bluetooth technology with app you can download to smartphone with real data of where pump is operating on curve. If your customer wants a readout, you can't get better that that.
    for your convenience, I proved a link to Taco website. If you have questions, contact Taco Tech support for more information on this great pump. http://www.tacocomfort.com/product/0018e/

Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
    Zman
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,907
    Options
    The system requirements are going to determine the circ moreso than "just because". Does the system need a delta T circ? Probably not- so why waste a Viridian? Does each zone's flow requirements fit the curve of the 007E or 0018E? There is absolutely no sense in throwing a circ at a system just because it looks cool. I can only assume your customer hopes you would know these things
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    Options
    a circ with a blutooth app, whats this world coming too?
    i guess all the kids who were never told to go outside and play have gotten older but never grew up and became adults
    SuperTech
  • Snowmelt
    Options
    This guy is retired but not dead, which leads me to another question for Joe, if I put a taco sr3 in I still have to get two more transformers for the nest thermostats?
    SuperTech
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
    Options
    Not knowing the load of each zone but if you are looking for an advanced circulator, I would zone with zone valves rather than by pump.

You will take full advantage of the circulators' features of speeding up and down and setting them up to the load of the system. Either the 0018e or the VT2218 would be my choice with zone valves. I have both in my house.

Dave H.
    Dave H