Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Seeking plumber with steam experience in metro Boston

Options
jorsch
jorsch Member Posts: 2
Hi
I have a single pipe steam system in my house. When I bought the house 15 years ago, I inherited a water hammer issue in one of the pipes feeding a radiator in the master bedroom. I know it predates me because the hardwood flooring has been cut open in this area and crudely patched. I had a plumber look at it over 10 years ago and he said the issue is an incorrect pitch of the pipe. I have been coping with the hammer ever since. This year it seems to have entered a bad phase again and hammers every time the heat comes on. I've finally decided I want to get this fixed.

I would greatly appreciate recommendations of plumbers in the Metro Boston area who are experienced with steam to come out and examine the issue and give me an estimate.

Thanks for your recommendations and comments!

Jordan

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,313
    Options
    That's easy. Get hold of Ryan at New England Steam Works. (401) 954-3510. He's one of the very best in the business.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Options
    Ditto on New England Steam Works! I use them and Ryan really knows his stuff. Follow his advice on main venting.