Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old posts - attached pictures not there - what happens to the pictures on old posts?

Options
Syljay
Syljay Member Posts: 3
I wanted to show a friend the forum advice that I got, and the subsequent work done on a new Steam Boiler install.
I had posted many pictures. Today, I cannot find the pictures that went with the post. There is a reference to the pictures, but the file sizes are all 0B.
Are pictures from old posts deleted?

This is the original post:
https://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/comment/1242967#Comment_1242967

Comments

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    That original post was from 2011. I suspect that when HH changed their system/app three or four years ago, some pictures did not/could not transition to the new system. @Erin Holohan Haskell can advise.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,296
    Options
    Fred said:

That original post was from 2011. I suspect that when HH changed their system/app three or four years ago, some pictures did not/could not transition to the new system. @Erin Holohan Haskell can advise.

@Fred, you're exactly right. We couldn't bring a lot of the older images over when we transitioned onto this new platform in 2014. Sorry about that! Fortunately technology has improved since we started in 1997 and this new platform is a lot more user friendly.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • Syljay
    Syljay Member Posts: 3
    Options
    If I still have those missing pictures, and if I send them to you . . .can they be added to the original post?
    I'm assuming that a post containing pictures has a related folder which contains the pictures. Putting pix files with the original filenames back into the folder should solve the problem. No?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,627
    Options
    It might be easier to just start a new thread with the pics.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,296
    Options
    Please start a new post. Thank you.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com