Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HTP EFT or LAARS MASCOT

Options
BillyO
BillyO Member Posts: 277
Over the past 2 years I have installed both combi boilers in residential homes around Staten Island. Both boilers made by same manufacturer and are pretty much identical. Question, Is anyone out there having problems such as bad diverting valves or exhaust leaks within the units cabinet? I have serviced LAARS under warranty and they have no problem paying for labor, HTP on the other hand. Enough said

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    We've put dozens of UFTs with virtually no problems. One had a board that would not recognize a domestic call. It also had a broken flapper.
    No others issues that I can recall with the rest.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    The diverter was always a common issue with the EFT from what I've seen, never seen a Laars combi in use. The UFT however, has been a great boiler for me as has the Mascot FT heat only. I installed 13 UFT and 7 Mascots in 2019, per my investigation yesterday, and all went smooth as silk. One callback, but that turned out to be some goon turned off the LP tank lol
  • BillyO
    Options
    Thanks for input, I have had one Laars replaced under warranty after one heating season due to exhaust leak on boot inside of cabinet which was causing corrosion thru out . Laars replaced with no problem and reimbursed for labor immediately. Just had same problem with HTP EFT . They are replacing unit but will not pay any labor incurred to replace. Unit is one year old.
    GroundUp
  • Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Great to see that Laars stood behind their product and made the customer and contractor whole.
  • BillyO
    Options
    yes, great support from Laars team and Kenny Resnick from Rathe Associates.
    Robert O'Brien