Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Mitsubshi Mini Split ?

Been awhile since I posted ! Retired 4 years :)
I am a retired Oil Burner Master in Maine and Ct.
New to the Mini Splits ! I have a Mitsubshi MSN FH12 NA house mounted !
Fired up Oct. 1. Bill for month about 35 $ :)
At 35* + it runs about 2 * higher then set ! I know sensor can be off 2 to 4*f

"Low 30's it runs about 2*f lower ! Does that sound normal ? "

I have a small house, About 800 sq.ft down stairs !
Had to get used to the minor noise when in defrost Joys of a House Mount lol. HB Smith Boiler ( Was with the house :O ) heat set at 2* lower the Mini Split ! Waiting on November bill to see cost !
I am old school Oil so when I hear sounds or something seems off I ask :)
FYI I did not do install,as I no longer have my AC stuff plus I have not worked on one before, and after 40+ years of fixing home owner screw ups I pay a mechanic to do it lol.
Had a guy I used to work with do install as he is in his own business now, Glad I still get trade discounts at supply house's
Thanks for any comments or links about Mini Splits ! I have most of Dan's books but nothing on Mini Splits ! I may be retired but I love knowing how things work ! :)
You all have a Great Thanksgiving

Rich

Comments

• SuperJSuperJ Posts: 557Member
    By default mini splits run off the return air temp sensor which can be quite skewed from your space temp at occupied level. The fix is to use a remote sensor/stat. I use the MHK1 wireless stat (looks like a basic honeywell redlink stat).

With the remote stat, my room temperature stays very close to setpoint all the time, initially I had the same spreads as you and had to constantly adjust it depending on conditions.

The only downside is the expense, it cost me about $300 for thermostat.
  • Richard D._2Richard D._2 Posts: 151Member
    SuperJ Thank you for the fast reply ! I will call my supply house's this week to check on that thermostat ! Oil heating I can troubleshoot usually with no issues but this new fangled stuff and me a old fart is past me lol Again Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving