Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit

Vacuum breaker compatible with a Honeywell trv thermostatic radiator valve?

DProntoDPronto Member Posts: 7
Hi Heating Help,

Sorry, for the repost. My last one got derailed and I wanted to follow up. The vacuum breaker needs to go between the valve/vent (I've seen it called both, right or wrong) and the radiator. Which brings us back to the title, does anybody know which vacuum breaker we should get with a honeywell V2042HSL10 One-Pipe Steam Radiator Valve and what supplier might stock them.


  • Jamie HallJamie Hall Member Posts: 12,327
    There wouldn't be a specific unit. What you need to look for is a vacuum breaker with a very low cracking pressure which has the ability to take a nipple or something of the sort on one side, to screw into the radiator, and a nipple or something of the sort on the other side to screw into the radiator vent. You may find you have to use several reducers or bushings or nipples...
    Br. Jamie, osb

    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

    Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
    mike jones
Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!