Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat

ksd99
ksd99 Member Posts: 77
Is there such a thing as a portable thermostat ie a thermostat that could moved room to room?
My thermostat is located in the middle of the house and does a good job of providing a balance of the temp of the compete house. The issue is when I have people over, they mostly hang out in the room where the thermostat is located and the body heat will increase the temp of the space by 3 to 4 degrees higher then the thermostat is set at - which means the boiler isn’t going on for the rest of the house. I could increase the temp on the thermostat to turn the boiler on but the house would not be balanced any my guest in the thermostat room would be roasting. Any thought ?
New owner of 1 Pipe Steam Boiler - learning all I can- no real steam pro in S.W. Michigan - if you know of 1 -let me know.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    Yes ,you can have installed a wireless thermostat , like Honeywell Redlink models .
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    Or wireless remote averaging sensors.
    mattmia2
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Like @Big Ed_4 said, Honeywell RedLink. It needs the Equipment Interface Module so it's not DIY unless you have experience with such things. It has a sub base so you can mount it or move it room to room.