Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless 64-08 and 64-10

Options
Just wanted to share the steamers I did over the summer.
The 8 section boiler is a single pipe gravity return with the extra high Gifford loop. I did that to double as a false water line for a long horizontal return pipe.
Works perfectly. No water hammer, steady water line.

The 10 section boiler with the feed pump, is a 2 pipe system and has a lot more going on.
I stage fired the boiler. Drops to low fire at 6 oz. Never cycles off on pressure because before it can, the pump kicks on and drops the pressure closing the high fire control.
The old boiler had 5 zone valves on an 800k, duel fuel weil-mclain.
1 of the zones, was only 8' of baseboard.
Another zone was a steam coil on a air handler.
I did away with all the zone valves, installed a tekmar 279, converted the steam coil to a hot water coil and piped it off the bottom of the boiler.
The piping to the radiators was a little strange. All of the steam traps are 3/4". Some of the traps are underneath the radiators in the basement, as if the system was originally designed as a 2 pipe air vented system, then converted to a system with traps. Probably around the time the condensate pump went in.
Anyway, I re piped all the radiators with TRV'S, replaced all the trap cartridges and f&t's.

Hope you like it
ethicalpaul

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    @AMservices beautiful installs as always. I like how you tide in both supply risers and then drop down into the header. Very nice touch with the brass water seals.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • AMservices
    AMservices Member Posts: 610
    Options
    Thank you @EzzyT for noticing my drop header. It saves a few fittings and still gets the job done.
  • Bio
    Bio Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Very nice installation