Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thoughts on layout, again.

JackW
JackW Member Posts: 236
This is were am at so far on my system rebuild. Please take a look and let me know if I need to change something or if there are any additions, such as drains, fill valves, shutoff, etc. that I need to make. I've made the suggested changes on the top lines. A couple of issues I'm have are; where to go with the return line, as you can see it comes down right on top of a manifold. I can make if work but it will have to come out over top of the manifold, not the prettiest. Secondly can I come down to the manifold on the right at any other place on the run or would that mess things up? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Isolation flanges on the circs, I assume you have ball valves going on the supply manifolds.
    It looks like you can get past the manifold with double 45s.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    JackW
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    @Zman, do you have a payPal account. Someone should be sending you a donation :)
    steve
    ZmanJackW
  • JackW
    Zman I have both I just didn't draw them in for obvious reasons, ( I can't draw). Good idea on the 45's. Thanks a lot.

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    You can also turn the return tee 90 degrees so it leaves the primary loop horizontally... with a short piece of copper (enough to line up with the boiler return piping) then elbow down with circulator isolation flanges. Use the twin 45 degree elbow idea to place the return directly in front of the supply from the boiler.
    That might look "pretty"
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    JackW
  • JackW
    Thanks Ed, not sure I understand what you are suggesting, will have to think about that.