Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is this an antique?

Dale_3 Member Posts: 57
Removed from an older building today. Offshoot company appears to be in business. Does anyone still work with these valves?


    JUGHNE Member Posts: 10,567
    Pneumatic throttling/modulating gate valve??
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,187
    Probably a pneumatic steam control valve. Fisher/Emerson makes a lot of these now. Can’t remember who owned them.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,443
    That looks like a very old spence regulator valve. Or another companies equivalent.
    Possibly a regulator or a pilot. Or a pilot regulator combination.
  • SeanBeans
    SeanBeans Member Posts: 506
    They have direct replacements at Johnstone
  • Dale_3
    Dale_3 Member Posts: 57
    It's a Boylston steam regulator. Just curious if anyone still has one working or an idea on age.
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 749
    edited October 2019
    That was part of a common boiler water level device on high pressure steam boilers back in the 1960's and1970's and we had a few still left when I retired in 2007. When they worked they were "bullit proof" as we used to say and when they had trouble they were a pain in the butt