Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Common Mistakes by Mitsubishi Mini Split Installers

NJHomeowner
NJHomeowner Member Posts: 66
I had 8 Mitsubishi mini splits connected for two condensers installed throughout my home last September by a “reputable” hvac company in northern nj. Since then there have been significant issues which I will list below. I have their main service guy coming today. Outside of numbers 2 and 3, what other common mistakes should I have him look for in the job. At this point I can only assume everything was done wrong:

Mistakes Discovered:

1. Installed pump that must be installed in a conditioned space in unconditioned attic. This issue has been fixed by rerouting drain line where a pump was not needed. This also was only unit that needed a pump.
2. Duck taped connections between main drain lines and drain hoses. Discovered after one fell out of line hide, this will be fixed.
3. Tightly zip tied and clamped refrigerant lines damaging insulation and causing leaks in system and damage to my home. Also did not fix other damaged insulation spots from install which also are leaking.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,776
    Exactly why the installing contractor is the most important decision to make in the entire process.
  • NJHomeowner
    This is a very reputable company which was chosen. Not just online reviews but also from other sources I had trusted. I must have had a bad crew. But this is besides the point, right now just want to get any issues resolved before I have more problems.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Well if they are reputable, the owner should come out, be appalled and do everything in their power to make it right, including throwing in a check up next season.
    steve
  • NJHomeowner
    Agree...is there anything else that commonly would be done incorrectly besides what has already been caught at this point?