Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bio-Fuel & Reillo Burner

DTech
DTech Member Posts: 1
Can anyone help with this? I just purchased a Buderus with a riello Burner & im seeing leakage under the riello. Someone said it’s because of BioFuel??

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,161
    Could be. Check -- perhaps with Riello -- to make sure that all the gaskets and O-rings and so on are compatible with bio-diesel. Not all are... I do know that bio-fuel and my diesel tractors don't like each other much!

Though it's just as likely that something didn't get tightened properly.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Oil burners have had oil leaks since there have been oil burners. What makes you think this is related to biofuel and not just a garden variety oil leak? What level blend are you using?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Intplm.CTOilHeat
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    You just had the installation of a new heating system and you have an oil leak. Did you call back the contractor? Its probably a five minute fix.
    Robert O'Brien
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited June 2019
    It’s not the fuel...not unless you’re running a very high bio content. And it wouldn’t happen that fast.
    Humor me...
    So you had a new install, it’s leaking, and rather then call the installing contractor to come out and fix it, your first instinct is to go on the internet to confirm a “someone said”?
    steve
    Robert O'Brien